Thursday 9 May 2013

Festival Summer - What's coming up?

Summer is finally arriving here in Switzerland and with it all the great music festivals are back. Last year, I have been to two of the big ones here and I am planning to go to Zurich Openair again.
This year it is the only one to which I really want to go, the others do not have such good line-ups like they did last year. And I realised, not only the line-up is pretty great, this festival has its perks for me:


  • As I hate camping in any way and as I live near Zurich, I can easily take a train home as they provide trains during the nights of the festival. So I can get enough sleep, without worrying that some drunken ass is stumbling into my tent and tearing it down. 
  • Also I do not have to bring all this camping stuff, like a tent and I can shower every day. I know they provide sometimes showers, but from my experience they are really expensive on some festivals and if they are for free they aren't really clean. Not showering is probably the worst part about camping on the festival area. 
  • I do not have to bring a lot of money with me and I can recharge my phone everyday, as you might know iPhones have such bad batteries. 
  • Again as it is in the area of Zurich, I know a lot of my friends are going to be there, so I can easily buy a ticket by myself, without looking out for someone tagging along with me. 
So excited about all those amazing acts, that are performing at ZOA.
I haven't got a ticket yet, because I do not know what is still coming on Sunday. Well right now nothing really excites me about it and I might as well buy only a ticket for three days instead of four.
Still, Zurich Openair is a rather new festival in Switzerland, so I guess it's not going to be sold out anytime soon and I can wait with buying a ticket until all the acts are announced.

If someone is interested as well, tickets are available here

No comments:

Post a Comment