Sunday 14 July 2013

Hamburger Bahnhof - Berlin



I have been in Berlin, again, a few weekends ago. This time was just a little bit different, I did only went for three short days and I got to go with a good friend of mine. Still with my mother but we had some space and could do for most of the time what we wanted. Which included shopping, eating and strolling around the city. Sometimes we even didn't know where we were going.
After those intense days I was so happy I got home safely and could sleep again in my very own bed.

So Berlin: The city is so interesting but not a bit pretty. Yes, there might be some places who are nice to look at, but for the most part... not so much. But that's not why you go to Berlin. It's because you want to feel the energy of the city and how is changing every time you go. I have been in October for the first time and a lot has changed in only those eight months. The people are different, they are lovely non the less. They are openminded and nice to everyone. Most who live there have a smile plastered on their faces, which I find impossible in a city like this.
As I said I saw so many things, most of the places we were I have visited before, mostly because my friend never has been to Berlin and she wanted to see those things as well. Not that I did mind, I love the places we revisited and I got to discover new things.
One of the places we were was the 'Hamburger Bahnhof', which is the oldest train station in Berlin, but it got turned in into an museum for modern art. And how the transformed it, how the building works together with the artwork is amazing. It is hard to describe in words but I love it so much, I wished I could have stayed a little longer



Fire/Feuer - Martin Honert 



Mirage/ Fata Morgana - Martin Honert 



The English Teacher  - Martin Honert 





All of the pictures above I have taken back in October, all made in the main hall, where all the changing exhibitions take place. 




There are many places in Berlin I haven't seen yet and I will definitely go back more than once in the future. I have a feeling that this city is going to be one of my favourites among London and my own hometown Zurich, because it is so different from those two, still searching its very own personality.

Remember: My Birthday is coming up in twelve days, yeah.

No comments:

Post a Comment